28 November 2006

arty farty...



The good people from What if the world..., a gallery I've mentioned before, has come up with the most delightful idea: A Neighbour Goods Market, held every Saturday at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, Cape Town. Fast becoming a trendy hangout in a previously dodgy area, the revamped mill is host to some very artsy (and touristy at times) shops. The market is held in a big ol' shed. PERFECT for X'mas shopping, if you're so inclined. (I won't be doing any X'mas shopping this year. I'm making all my own gifts. I say I do this because I want to boycott commercial overspending, but I'm just really broke.)

...featuring over 50 vendors selling 'all things nice.'

The weekly Saturday market will be housed in a beautiful old sky lit warehouse at the newly refurbished Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock.

Neighbour Goods is as much a source for organic foods and locally produced goods, as it is a meeting point to enjoy community, swap ideas and stories, and become educated about what we buy and eat by going directly to the source. The market has been created along ethical, eco-friendly and organic lines, to offer a wide range of wholesome delicious foods and products from the community of Cape Town.


A friend and I went last Saturday. All things really were very nice... So nice, in fact, that she went home to fetch her husband, so they could spend his money. :)

Some lovely collage pieces for sale at the What if the world... gallery's second space at the Old Biscuit Mill too.



5 comments:

Pienk Zuit said...

Woodstock (entlikalles daar teen die berg) is 'n deel van die stad wat ek baie swak ken. Lyk nice.

Margie said...

Me too... Dit was so interessant om daar rond te ry. Mooiste ou geboue. Blykbaar nou die real estate hotspot.

sophie said...

fantastic pix and i loved the
t-shirt!!!:)

sophie said...

erm- it's not a t-shirt but
it would be a GREAT t!!!!

Margie said...

Hi Soph, yeah, I think it would make a great T too! :) And thanks!