01 September 2006

My second post

I'm dedicating my second post to the endorsement of my BLOG name.

At 24, I'm close to embracing my quarter life crisis and in anticipation of this event, I have resorted to feeling overwhelmed at times with thoughts like: "Where am I on my way to?!"

Heading somewhere, implies a STARTING somewhere. Hence the concept: Help M find her way. (Think of a maze in a children's activity book - the aim to reunite the mouse with it's cheese.) As a lover of maps, travelling, and blank canvasses, "BEGINNING" seems a very apt word. The idea is just to start. Start saving, start drawing, start thinking, just start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm 25 and the quarter life crisis can hit you as suddenly as a lightning bolt. Your head gets filled with a lots of questions, you question everything; your work, your future, your life, the purpose of life and I'm sure I can continue all day. To be quite honest, I think this is when you forget that God has a plan and that he is in control and that he lets all things work out for the best. You want to start relying on yourself. You have to make the best of what you have, give as much of yourself as you can and stop worrying because tomorrow brings its own worries. Trust God because he is what gives life meaning. When God created man He gave man a free will and in doing so allow us to make our own decisions. Decisions is what life revolves about, we make good ones and bad ones but life doesn't end then.

You can get through this and there is always light on the other side of the tunnel but you have to decide for yourself if it will be the end of the tunnel or the train heading towards you.

Just a thought

Margie said...

Oops, I think I may have misinterpreted... I meant for the post to be tongue-in-cheek. :) I guess the unfolding of a blog is a little like getting to know a stranger.

Thanks for making the very first comment!